SUMMARY OF CHIEF PRINCIPLES
- We typically gather two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you (e.g., full name or phone number); and (b) information that does not personally identify you (e.g., your IP address or type of browser);
- This information is transmitted to, held and processed by us in the United States of America;
- The primary usage of this information is to provide you with our website and related services, and to produce reports and data about online shopping;
- We have the right to share this information with authorized third parties including our merchants, advertising and promotional partners and third party service providers for these purposes;
- When we use “cookies,” we work with and permit advertising networks to accumulate anonymous information about you to send you their ads and use the same information to send you our ads (see section III below);
- At any time you may opt-out of certain activities as set out below (see section VI);
- We encrypt any information you input using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software and take reasonable security measures to safeguard information;
- If you become our member, you may update or make changes to the information you previously provided in the account section;
- Have you any questions or concerns about privacy at Thexorb.com , please contact us right away by clicking here;
- Our websites and our services are not designed or intended for use by children under 13; and
I. WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two kinds of information related to you: (a) Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”); and (b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”).
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: PII includes any information that identifies you as person. We collect your PII when you decide to become our member or when you agree to participate in an interactive feature of our Sites such as a review, survey or promotion. You may: (a) provide your name, mail/shipping address, email address, credit card number and phone number when registering with our Sites or in connection with a contest entry; (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, shopping interests and preferences, etc.) when participating in a survey or poll; or (c) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Sites.
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We gather particular non-PII from you when you access our Sites including IP addresses and information relating to your browser, operating system, ISP, the third party website from which your visit originated and the ways you utilize our Sites such as the web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
II. HOW WE USE & SHARE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
PII and Non-PII is used to provide, or improve, our Sites and Services to our customers and to carry out your requests in the best way, respond to your inquiries as soon as possible, better serve you and understand your needs, or is used in other ways originally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information.
We may disclose PII and Non-PII to:
- (1) our third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf in connection with the operation of the Sites or Services e.g., providers who host and manage data, process credit card orders, deliver our merchandise, etc;
- (2) participating sponsors to a program or promotion you enter through our Sites or Services;
- (3)our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated companies (” affiliated companies”) for operational, marketing and promotional purposes;
- (4) co-promotional partnering companies and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships ;
- (5) participating merchants where you consent at the time you submit PII to us when using the interactive features of our Sites such as surveys and reviews concerning our participating merchants; and
- (6) our other users where you choose to publicly post reviews, comments or other information about products or services, communicate with other users via public forums (e.g., forums, message boards, bulletin boards, etc.).
Additionally, we use non-PII to better analyze site traffic, comprehend customer needs and trends, as well as carry out targeted promotional activities (see “Preference Based Advertising” below). We may use your non-PII by itself or total it with information we have obtained from others to make research reports and other information and data about online shopping for participating merchants and other customers, as well as media and other interested parties.
V. INFORMATION SECURITY
Our aim is to protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We also use a secure server hosting location in the US, firewall protection, controlled access and encryption technology to protect your data. However, our customers should be advised that while we strive to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your PII. In the unfortunate event that your personally identifiable information is compromised, you will be notified by e-mail to the last e-mail address you have provided us as soon as feasible under the circumstances (delays in notification may happen while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system, as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation.)
YOUR OPTIONS & OPT-OUTS
(b) What Choices Do I Have (Opt-Out)? You have many choices regarding how we use information about you, including: (1) To stop our emails, click here; (2) To opt-out of preference-based ads, click here; (3) To stop the sharing of PII with our participating merchants, click here; and (4) as discussed above, the choices we offer you anytime you submit information through our Sites or Services.
(c) You May Contact Us With Questions: If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at Thexorb.com, please contact us by clicking here.
As neither our Sites nor our Services are intended for use by children under 13, children under 13 may not submit any PII to us. If you are under 18, you may use Thexorb.com and information at our Site only with the consent and involvement of your parent or guardian.
VII. SOLE STATEMENT